Boston University (0-0-0)
vs. Rensselaer (0-2-0) – Friday, Oct. 7 – 7 p.m.
vs. Union (2-2-0) – Saturday, Oct. 8 – 4 p.m.
Walter Brown Arena – Boston, Mass.
Twitter: @BUGameDay | @TerrierWHockey
Coach Durocher Interview
The Boston University girls’s ice hockey workforce will formally kick off its 2022-23 season with a couple of house video games because it takes on Rensselaer within the opener on Friday (Oct. 7) ahead of internet hosting Union on Saturday (Oct. 8).
Friday’s contest will get started at 7 p.m. whilst Saturday’s will likely be a 4 p.m. get started. Both video games will likely be on ESPN+ (broadcast information).
- BU is coming into its 18th season as a varsity program and that is the primary time because the 2018 that the season opener is at house.
- The Terriers have welcomed seven freshmen (5 beginners, two transfers) to a roster that returns 11 of the highest 15 point-scorers from the 2021-22 season.
- Senior Nadia Mattivi will function captain for the 2022-23 marketing campaign whilst juniors Lacey Martin and Madison Cardaci are this yr’s assistant captains.
- The Terriers had been decided on 5th within the Hockey East Preseason Coaches’ Poll.
- Senior Julia Nearis is the workforce’s main returning point-scorer after posting 20 remaining yr, together with a team-best 16 assists.
- Callie Shanahan enters her sophomore season after an outstanding first yr in function that led to her being named to the Hockey East All-Rookie Team.
- Alex Allan and Jesse DeVito have returned for a 5th yr to give the Terriers a bigger veteran presence.
- BU is 10-4-3 all-time in season openers with wins of their previous 3.
SCOUTING THE ENGINEERS
- The Engineers had been picked 6th within the ECAC Preseason Coaches’ Poll after a 2021-22 season through which they posted a file of 9-23-0.
- Rensselaer opened its season remaining weekend with a couple of street losses to St. Cloud State by means of ratings of 5-0 and 3-2.
- Senior Maddie Peterson and junior Taylor Larsen equipped the aims in the second one recreation.
- Marah Wagner is again for her senior season after main remaining yr’s squad in issues (21), aims (11) and assists (10).
- Senior Amanda Rampano began all 30 video games in function remaining yr as a junior and posted a 2.38 goals-against moderate and .930 save proportion.
BU-RPI SERIES HISTORY
- BU is 3-4-2 in 8 all-time conferences with Rensselaer.
- The groups met for the primary time in 8 years remaining season with the Engineers incomes a 4-2 house win on Oct. 22.
- The Terriers are a super 3-0-0 within the 3 conferences that experience taken position at Walter Brown Arena.
SCOUTING THE DUTCHWOMEN
- Union has already performed two weekend collection with splits at the street opposed to two Hockey East groups – New Hampshire and Holy Cross – and is coming off a 3-1 victory opposed to the Crusaders.
- The Dutchwomen have 8 street video games to get started the season as they’re going to discuss with Clarkson and St. Lawrence subsequent weekend to being ECAC play ahead of their house opener opposed to Harvard on Nov. 4.
- Senior Emily King recently leads the workforce in issues with six on 4 aims and two assists.
- Freshman Riley Walsh additionally has 4 aims whilst fellow beginners Amanda Quan (2g, 1a) and Stephanie Bourque (3a) have each and every contributed 3 issues.
- Junior Celeste Beaudoin led remaining yr’s workforce in issues (15) and assists (12).
BU-UNION SERIES HISTORY
- BU is an ideal 12-0-0 all-time opposed to Union.
- The previous 3 matchups have all taken position in Schenectady, together with a 4-1 BU victory on Oct. 23 remaining season.
- There has been one shutout (6-0, 11/3/07) and one assembly went to additional time (3-2, 10/12/13).
- BU’s first win in program historical past got here opposed to Union on Oct. 14, 2005.
- The Terriers will kick off Hockey East play subsequent Friday (Oct. 14) when it visits New Hampshire.
- That recreation, which will likely be televised on NESN, is ready for 7 p.m.