BRIDGEWATER, MASS. (October 14, 2022)- The Stonehill College girls’s ice hockey staff noticed beginning goalie, Hanna Zukow end with 12 saves and targets from Paige Whaley and Josie Mendeszoon to assist the squad earn their first-ever shutout with a 2-0 win over Saint Michael’s College. Also in these days’s recreation, Katie Sonntag performed in her a hundredth collegiate recreation.
STO: Paige Whaley (Bailey Feeney and Lily Barrett), 04:04-second length
Josie Mendeszoon (Lilly Barrett and Lucie Turcotte), 15:40-third length
STO: Hanna Zukow (60:00)-12 saves
SMC: Carissa Mudrak (60:00), 32 saves
Josie Mendeszoon scored her first collegiate function on Friday (Photo Credit: Mary Gettens).
- The first length was once backward and forward nonstop as Stonehill relatively outshot Saint Michael’s, 8-6. The Skyhawks had a good chance once they drew a powerplay likelihood at 06:59 and despatched two photographs on Purple Knights goalie, Carissa Mudrak however she grew to become away each makes an attempt.
- Zukow additionally had her justifiable share of motion within the first as she confronted six photographs and grew to become again all of Saint Michael’s makes an attempt.
- As the second one part were given underway, the Skyhawks in spite of everything broke the scoreless draw with the eventual game-winning function off the stick of Whaley (04:04). After Barrett shot the puck as much as Feeney, she skated to the precise face-off circle and despatched a centering cross during the Purple Knights protection to Whaley who snuck the puck previous Mudrak for a 1-0 benefit.
- Zukow persevered her stellar play in internet to assist deal with the shutout as she stopped each photographs that got here her approach.
- Saint Michael’s threatened within the 0.33 at 12:04 when Lauren Fisher put a shot on internet, however Zukow made the snatch save. Shortly after at 14:07, the Skyhawks grabbed any other powerplay alternative and Mendeszoon doubled the Purple and White’s lead with simply over six mins to head. Barret swung a cross towards Saint Michael’s internet the place Mendeszoon was once looking forward to the end in and along with her function, it’s the first of her collegiate profession.
- After Stonehill’s function, Zukow made two extra saves to finish the evening with 12 stops. Thanks to her robust play in internet, Zukow notched her first-ever shutout and has now completed with 10 or extra saves in all 5 of her begins.
- Overall at the evening, the Skyhawks outshot the Purple Knights by means of a 34-12 margin which tied a program highest.
Stonehill and Saint Michael’s wrap up their two-game set day after today at 1 p.m.
For the most recent on Stonehill Athletics, apply the Skyhawks by means of social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans too can obtain the Stonehill Skyhawks “Front Row” cell app, powered by means of PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.