No. 9 Field Hockey at Wheaton
Saturday, October 15 | 12:00 p.m.
Nordin Field | Norton, Mass.
No. 9 Field Hockey vs. Univ. of New England
Sunday, October 16 | 1:00 p.m.
MacDowell Field | Babson Park, Mass.
BABSON: Roster | Schedule & Results | Stats
WHEATON: Roster | Schedule & Results | Stats
UNE: Roster | Schedule & Results | Stats
NEWMAC: Standings | Schedule & Results | Stats
CCC: Standings | Schedule & Results | (*9*)Stats
NFHCA: Penn Monto Division III Poll
• The Beavers have gained the ultimate six and 10 of the ultimate 11 in opposition to Wheaton and have a 25-12-1 merit over the Lyons within the all-time collection that dates again to 1986.
• The ultimate six Babson wins had been determined through at least 3 objectives with the Green and White outscoring the Lyons through a 33-4 depend with 3 shutouts.
• The ultimate Wheaton victory used to be a 1-0 extra time verdict in 2014 in Babson Park.
• The Beavers are 8-0 in opposition to the Nor’easters in an all-time collection that dates again to 2012.
• Four of the 8 contests have long gone to extra time, together with a 6-5 shootout within the first assembly in 2012.
• The Green and White have outscored UNE 10-1 within the 3 wins at MacDowell Field.
• Millie Brady ’22 matched her profession excessive with 5 issues and head trainer Julie Ryan recorded the 2 hundredth win of her profession as No. 5 Babson rolled previous visiting Wheaton, 7-0, on October 16, 2021 at MacDowell Field.
• Brady scored two times and senior Meara Hanyon added a objective and an lend a hand as 8 other avid gamers registered some extent for the Beavers. Lauren Curley ’22, seniors Brianne McGrath and Claire Nichols, and sophomore Jessica Evans every scored as soon as within the win.
• Junior Emma Lapreziosa made 13 saves for the Lyons.
• No. 12 Babson erupted for 3 fourth-quarter objectives and defeated UNE, 4-1, on September 15, 2021 at Blue Bolt Field in Biddeford, Maine.
• Brady scored a couple of objectives and Lauren Curley ’22 and McGrath every scored as soon as for the Beavers. Hanyon recorded a career-high two assists and Cassidy Riley ’22 stopped one shot within the win.
• Jillian Lachappelle had a objective and Lindsay Bruns picked up an lend a hand for the Nor’easters, who were given 12 saves from senior goalkeeper Lindsay Pych.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 9 Babson (10-3, 4-0 NEWMAC) is driving a six-game successful streak after Wednesday’s 1-0 victory at Wesleyan. The Beavers have posted shutouts in 4 of their ultimate 5 contests.
• McGrath scored the one objective of the sport on a second-half penalty nook which proved to be the variation in opposition to Wesleyan. Hanyon registered her team-high 5th lend a hand of the yr, and sophomore goalkeeper Bayla Furmanek matched her profession excessive with 9 saves within the victory.
• McGrath (9-2-20) has scored in 4 of her ultimate 5 outings and ranks moment within the NEWMAC in objectives and issues. Evans (5-3-15) is tied with McGrath for 3rd within the convention with 3 game-winning objectives and Hanyon (3-5-11) is tied for 3rd within the NEWMAC in assists. Sophomore again Berit Sharrow ranks moment within the convention with 4 defensive saves.
• Furmanek (1.23 GAA, 47 saves), who has performed each and every minute in objective in all 13 Babson video games this season, leads the convention in wins (10) and shutouts (5).
SCOUTING THE LYONS
• Wheaton (3-10, 1-3 NEWMAC) is coming off a 1-0 setback to the University of New England on Sunday in a recreation that used to be determined on an extra time shootout. The Lyons have long gone to OT in 3 of their ultimate 4 outings, shedding two times on penalty strokes.
• Junior Anda Brown scored with 90 seconds left in extra time ultimate Saturday to offer Wheaton a 3-2 come-from-behind victory over visiting Clark within the ultimate convention recreation. Sophomores Macey Poitras-Cote and Lydia Gaudreau additionally scored because the Lyons erased a 2-0 deficit within the victory.
• Senior Sophie Shekarchi (5-1-11) tops the crew in scoring, adopted through Poitras-Cote (3-0-6). Junior Mackenzie Yates (1-4-6) owns the crew lead in assists
• Lapreziosa (2.32 GAA, 139 saves) has began all 13 video games in objective for the Lyons and leads the convention in saves and save share (.812).
SCOUTING THE NOR’EASTERS
• UNE (7-7, 4-0 CCC), which is able to host Gordon in a convention recreation on Saturday, is taking a look to dance again from a 3-1 loss to fifth-ranked Tufts on Wednesday at the heels of back-to-back extra time victories over Roger Williams and Wheaton.
• Senior Kate Lindmark tied the sport in opposition to Tufts 4:25 into the fourth quarter sooner than the Jumbos responded with a couple of rankings to drag out the win over the upset-minded Nor’easters. Pych made 12 saves within the setback, tied for her second-most in a recreation this season.
• Lindmark (5-3-13), sophomore Madi Robito (6-0-12) and first-year Grace Bazin (3-5-11) spine the UNE offense, which is averaging 1.86 objectives consistent with recreation. Junior Lauren Green has a couple of defensive saves.
• Pych (2.02 GAA, 86 saves), who has began all 14 video games in objective for the Nor’easters, leads the CCC in saves and ranks 3rd in save share (.768).
• Junior Andrea Marguerite changed into the 3rd Babson participant this season to be named NEWMAC Offensive Player of the Week on Tuesday, becoming a member of Evans (9/6) and McGrath (10/3). Sharrow has additionally earned the highest weekly defensive honor (10/3).
• Marguerite put in combination her best possible week of the season with 3 objectives and one lend a hand for seven issues in a 3-0 week. She scored her first two objectives of the season in Saturday’s 3-0 victory over Springfield and then contributed the game-winning objective for the second one day in a row in addition to an lend a hand in Sunday’s 4-2 overcome Saint Joseph’s (Maine).
CLIMBING THE CHARTS
• McGrath has moved into sixteenth position on Babson’s profession scoring record with 76 issues (29 objectives, 18 assists), passing Nicole Manning ’96 who had 75 issues (32 objectives, 11 assists).
• McGrath may just soar up as excessive as twelfth with 5 extra issues this season. There had been 11 avid gamers in program historical past to succeed in the 100-point milestone.
• The Beavers input Saturday’s contest at Wheaton having gained 46 directly NEWMAC common season video games going again to 2015.
• The ultimate common season convention loss used to be a 1-0 setback at Mount Holyoke on October 17, 2015.
ON THE ROAD AGAIN
• The Beavers are taking part in their 3rd directly highway recreation on Saturday and 7th of their ultimate 8 encounters clear of house in 4 other states.
• The Green and White have gained 5 in a row at the highway and are 6-1 this season. Babson is 30-5 in highway video games because the starting of the 2018 marketing campaign.
NUMBERS TO KNOW
• Babson has gained its ultimate 26 video games because the get started of ultimate season when permitting no a couple of objective and is 5-1 because the get started of the 2018 marketing campaign.
• The Green and White are 26-0 because the get started of ultimate season when scoring the primary objective of the sport. They also are 19-0 when main after the primary quarter, 25-0 when main at the 1/2, and 28-0 when up after 3 quarters.
• The Beavers can be house once more on Tuesday, web hosting Wellesley in a convention affair at 6 p.m. at MacDowell Field.