NOTRE DAME, Ind. – The 14th-ranked Fighting Irish hockey crew opened their house slate of pageant with a resounding win over the visiting Wildcats of Northern Michigan University, 3-1, Friday evening.
The Irish were given off to a snappy get started with a couple of powerplay targets lower than 10 mins into the sport. Chayse Primeau scored his first for the Irish at 7:00 of the primary length sooner than Trevor Janicke hit cord simply over a minute and a part later to offer Notre Dame the 2-0 lead.
The scoreboard was once all Irish after 20 mins of play because the crew carried a two-goal result in the primary intermission.
A powerplay target by way of the Wildcats reduce the Irish lead in part at 8:48 of the second one length however Ryan Helliwell replied overdue within the stanza along with his first collegiate target to make it 3-1.
The 3rd length was once the tale of whistles as the 2 squads blended for 10 consequences within the ultimate 20 mins of legislation despite the fact that neither facet was once in a position to capitalize.
Through 3 classes, Ryan Bischel got here two saves shy of a career-best as he stopped 36 of 37 photographs confronted.
The Irish penalty kill effectively stopped 5 of six Wildcat alternatives whilst the particular groups went to paintings at the powerplay with a couple of targets on their first two makes an attempt with the man-advantage. In overall, the Irish had been two-for-four at the powerplay.
- Jesse Lansdell despatched the puck previous an outstretched Wildcat defender in entrance the place he discovered Chayse Primeau who buried a shot for the 1-0 tally. The target at 7:00 of the primary length was once Primeau’s first target and level for the Blue and Gold. Grant Silianoff additionally picked up an help at the play.
- Drew Bavaro grabbed the bouncing puck off the forums sooner than discovering Ryder Rolston open on the best of the close to circle. After accumulating the puck, Rolston discovered Trevor Janicke within the slot who temporarily flipped the puck over the NMU netminder for his 2nd target of the season.
- Late in the second one length, Ryan Helliwell discovered cord off a wrist shot from the a long way faceoff dot. Beating the Wildcat goaltender blocker facet, the sophomore registered his first collegiate target. Jack Adams earned the lone help at the play after stealing the pucks alongside the forums within the Irish defensive finish and speeding up ice, making a three-on-two probability for Notre Dame.
- Ryan Bischel stood tall in web, preventing 36 of 37 photographs fired on web by way of the Wildcats.
- On the opposite finish of the ice, the Irish despatched 26 photographs on target, led by way of Ryder Rolston with seven.
- Eight folks highlighted the field rating Friday evening, together with two first profession targets for the Irish. Chayse Primeau scored his first target for Notre Dame with a powerplay tally to open the scoring sooner than Ryan Helliwell web his first collegiate target overdue in the second one for the overall target of the evening.
The two groups face off over again this season with a 5 p.m. matchup set for Sunday, Oct. 14.