One hour earlier than the Milwaukee Bucks and Atlanta Hawks tipped off, journalists were given tipped off that this recreation would instantly turn into extra entertaining. The finish results of a 123-113 loss would possibly not have delivered the nice preseason vibes for all enthusiasts, however staring at Giannis Antetokounmpo play used to be sufficient heat and fuzzies to hold us until Saturday for a rematch between those two.
Bucks trainer Mike Budenholzer tells journalists (on a (*123*) name) that they be expecting Giannis Antetokounmpo to play nowadays in opposition to the Hawks.
— Eric Nehm (@eric_nehm) October 6, 2022
Not handiest did we get our first glimpse of Giannis, but it surely felt lovely particular for this crowd as they cheered after each unmarried loose throw that went down for him. The Fiserv Forum crowd will have to apply that lead this season. And don’t fear, we handiest needed to wait 5 mins for our first fee name on Giannis.
The first quarter featured numerous set-up through the celebs for his or her supporting gamers, with Jevon Carter, Bobby Portis and Grayson Allen becoming a member of Giannis within the scoring column to protected a 33-32 lead after one.
DeJounte Murray began carving up Milwaukee’s protection along with his floaters and midrange recreation, however the offensive fireworks didn’t stop at the Bucks aspect both fortunately. Carter used to be piping sizzling and tied with Giannis for the staff lead level overall at 14, with Milwaukee in the back of 71-67 at part in spite of 3-14 capturing from 3 for Atlanta.
The 3rd quarter didn’t characteristic a clampdown of any type because the Hawks stored strolling into the midrange and floaters Milwaukee sought after them to, however the Bucks bounced again from a 14-point deficit at one level to path simply 101-94 because the fourth quarter hit. The scrubs couldn’t pull this one out, however we did after all get some further prolonged time with MarJon Beauchamp at the flooring; who seems to me like he nonetheless wishes a hearty dose of seasoning earlier than he would possibly crack Bud’s standard rotation. Atlanta gained out through dominating Milwaukee within the midrange, capturing 62.5% on two-pointers and handiest making an attempt 22 three-pointers to the Bucks’ 40. Hey, a minimum of that’s a mark within the “allow fewer threes” column!
Still, crucial takeaways from this one had been that each Giannis and Jrue got here away unscathed in spite of the over the top trip and early get started time. It gave the NBA an opportunity to exhibit this staff in entrance of a brand new target market, they usually delivered with cheers aplenty. We’ll have some other likelihood to look an early tip on Saturday in opposition to those identical Atlanta Hawks, so savor this if it finally ends up being our handiest likelihood to look Giannis in this go back and forth.
Bonus Bucks Bits
- I stored looking ahead to Wes Matthews to shout-out Rocky Rococo’s whilst he used to be addressing the group pregame for the primary NBA video games in Abu Dhabi. Take “Kitchen Licks” world!
- Bobby Portis talked at media days about how he rectified the issues he confronted with Boston working him off the three-point line in ultimate yr’s Playoff run. His unencumber on a spot-up from the nook within the first quarter seemed lovely fast. Do other folks assume it’s any quicker than season’s previous?
- Bud used to be on the real sidelines for this recreation in a boot. I handiest recall seeing him stand within the fourth quarter.
- Grayson Allen’s season-high ultimate yr for OREB in a recreation used to be two. He had two within the first 4 mins of this contest. I’ll provide you with 3 guesses who used to be guarding him on that finish for Atlanta…
- We were given some other access within the Holiday-on-Holiday-on-Holiday circle of relatives contest on this one, with Jrue even guarding his more youthful brother Aaron straight-up for a spell. All 3 brothers performed on this one with Justin now at the Hawks.
- MarJon Beauchamp were given his first insertion into the sport a smidgen into the second one length, earlier than Jordan Nwora noticed the ground. He had two fouls somewhat briefly, together with an ill-advised one on Murray as he tried a three-pointer. Fouling used to be an issue for him within the Summer League, so he must learn to higher shield with out grabbing the eye of the zebras. I will be able to’t say I used to be all that stunned then when within the 3rd quarter, Jordan Nwora were given run earlier than him. Perhaps it used to be deliberate that approach all alongside, however…
- All that being mentioned, Beauchamp did hit a horny stepback nook 3 that we undoubtedly haven’t observed as a part of his recreation but.
- Sandro Mamukelashvili were given a variety of early run for this recreation as a part of the backup rotation. It’s almost certainly a smart decision given I don’t assume preseason video games depend in opposition to his 50-game quota for appearances with the primary membership whilst on his two-way. He ended with 5 issues on 4 photographs.
- One of the relaxing low-key new realities of being a 2022-23 Bucks fan is that defensively, I not lift an eyebrow once I see them transfer. It’s a some distance cry from a couple of years in the past when it took nonetheless trailing the Charlotte Hornets within the fourth quarter as the only siren that informed Bud it may well be time to modify on that finish. The versatility is favored and essential.
- I used to be rather stunned when Holiday threw a lob go in the second one part to Giannis that he if truth be told couldn’t corral and slam down. At this level, I be expecting nearly the rest inside of his neighborhood to stick with his internet and get spun in the course of the web.
- Jevon actually has been on hearth ever since he placed on a Bucks uniform. I nonetheless ponder whether his dimension will diminish his doable affect within the Playoffs, even along with his doggedness, however hitting triples at a 40+% clip all season lengthy will make it tricky to stay him off the ground in backup PG mins. He had 17 issues on simply 10 photographs; 5-6 from deep.