CLEVELAND, Ohio – Scribbles in my pocket book because the Browns lead the Chargers, 21-17, on the part.
1. Nick Chubb scored on an awesome 41-yard run throughout the Browns’ first power. It used to be a mix of persistence (he waited for the outlet to open.), of energy (he broke a take on.) and pace (he outran two stunned defenders). About each recreation, I see runs from Chubb that ring a bell in me of Jim Brown.
2. In the second one quarter, Chubb had a 29-yard run. He completed off that power with a 2-yard TD run.
3. According to ESPN stats, Chubb has 8 runs for no less than 30 yards after touch since 2018. No different participant in that span has greater than 5. He’s outstanding. At the part, he had 95 yards on 9 carries and a couple of speeding TDs.
4. Heading into this recreation, the Chargers have allowed a run of no less than 50 yards within the ultimate 3 video games.
5. Chargers QB Justin Herbert throws a large number of fast passes. It’s arduous to sack him. He’s had most effective 4 sacks this season. The Browns informed their defensive linemen to pay attention of maintaining their hands up, a cross will also be deflected. On his first power, a Herbert cross used to be knocked down through Browns rookie Perrion Winfrey.
6. Amari Cooper had just one catch (and 4 objectives) within the Browns’ loss to Atlanta ultimate week. There had been lawsuits about Cooper no longer getting the ball. Well, name a play to throw him the ball. The Browns did that at the first power. A cross to Cooper for 10 yards. On the second one power, they threw him any other cross for 20 yards. The man is a brilliant direction runner with excellent arms. Use him. He had back-to-back 100-yard receiving video games vs. the Jets and Steelers previous within the season.
7. To cap off a nine-play, 72-yard power, Brissett discovered Cooper for an 11-yard TD finally zone. That gave the Browns a 14-3 lead on the finish of the primary quarter.
8. Interesting stat at the NFL TV broadcast: The Browns are 19-12 and 46 TDs when Kareem Hunt and Chubb play. They are 7-13 with 16 TD when most effective one in all them performs.
9. NFL other folks (no longer Cleveland fanatics) like to say you’ll be able to “find a kicker on every corner.” Well, the person kicking for the Chargers is Taylor Bertolet. He is the workforce’s twelfth kicker in 5 years.
10. The Browns defense had some main breakdowns. Chargers operating again Austin Ekeler got here into the sport averaging most effective 2.7 yards in keeping with lift. He had a 71-yard run. He had 106 yards speeding within the first part.
11. The Browns gave up a 99-yard scoring power to the Chargers. The defense continues to appear disjointed. Yes, the Chargers have a skilled QB in Herbert (11-of-18 passing, 133 yards). But they got here into the sport averaging most effective 23 issues in keeping with recreation – when put next to 26 for the Browns.
12. Brissett used to be 10-of-16 passing for 129 yards and a TD. Yes, he neglected a couple of open receivers for large good points. But general, he and the offense are appearing smartly.
13. Bad signal: It’s a sunny day with little wind. Kicker Cade York used to be very broad on a 45-yard FG try close to the tip of the primary part. Gotta make the ones kicks in a recreation like this.
RECENT TERRY PLUTO COLUMNS
Holy SpongeBob, what a end for Oscar Gonzalez & Guardians
I might want skilled lend a hand however I feel Browns will beat Chargers – Terry Pluto scribbles
HO-SAY, HO-SAY and what an afternoon for Cleveland Guardians!
The Inside Story of ways Cleveland scouted and drafted Steven Kwan
Beating the percentages is the tale of Shane Bieber, Guardians opening playoff starter
Why Browns are irritating and Guardians are amusing
While watching for Watson, are we able to have an actual communicate in regards to the Browns – Terry Pluto’s Scribbles