PROVIDENCE. R.I. – Chase Yoder notched 3 assists, whilst Riley Duran, Patrick Moynihan and Connor Kelley posted multi-point efforts because the No. 16 Providence College males’s hockey group opened the 2022-23 common season with a 6-1 win over Sacred Heart on Friday (Oct. 7) at Schneider Arena.
Providence – 6 | Sacred Heart – 1
Schneider Arena – Providence, R.I.
Philip Svedebäck (PC) – 15 saves, 1 objective in opposition to
Justin Robbins (SHU) – 19 saves, 5 targets in opposition to
Luke Lush (SHU) – 9 saves, 1 objective in opposition to
– The Friars have been in a position to get in the course of the first duration scoreless after having to kill off a significant penalty assessed to Taige Harding at 17:09.
– Solid paintings via Philip Svedebäck closed out the duration because the freshman made 5 save right through the Sacred Heart persistent play within the first duration.
– Providence opened the scoring at 5:29 as Cody Monds completed off a rebound from Chase Yoder to make it 1-0.
– The Pioneers tied issues up at 12:15 on a objective from Aidan Connolly.
– From there, the Friars discovered their momentum as they struck for 4 targets in a span of four:09 to near the second one duration out with a 5-1 lead.
– Patrick Moynihan’s one-timer on a power-play gave the Friars the lead they would not relinquish.
– Riley Duran adopted along with his first of the season off a feed from Connor Kelley at 17:55.
– Freshman Bennett Schimek re-directed a Cam McDonald level shot for his first NCAA objective at 18:49.
– Jamie Engelbert closed out the scoring within the duration with a objective at 19:35.
– Nick Poisson wrapped up the scoring for the Friars at 1:42 of the 3rd duration, beating goaltender Luke Lush who got here in aid of starter Justin Robbins.
– Yoder registered a career-high 3 assists within the win.
– Providence progressed to 10-2 in season-openers beneath Nate Leaman.
– The Friars restricted the Pioneers to simply seven photographs on objective within the ultimate 40 mins, together with two photographs within the 3rd duration.
PC GAME HIGHS
Goals: Six gamers (1)
Assists: Yoder (3)
Points: Yoder (3)
Shots: McDonald, Poisson (5)
Providence – 1/4
Sacred Heart – 0/4
Providence – 34
Sacred Heart – 16
The Friars will host Clarkson University subsequent Thursday (Oct. 13) at Schneider Arena starting at 7 p.m.