CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The No.13 Harvard Women’s Hockey (0-0-0, 0-0-0 ECAC) will start its season this Saturday when it welcomes the No. 7 Quinnipiac Bobcats (6-0-0, 0-0-0 ECAC) to the Bright-Landry Hockey Center for a tilt at 3 PM. The Crimson, will start its pursuit of back-to-back Ivy League Championships and ECAC/NCAA Tournament berths when it takes the ice this weekend.
Katey Stone, the Landry Family Head Coach for Harvard Women’s Ice Hockey, can be at the back of the bench in what is going to be the beginning of her twenty eighth season on the helm of this system. Stone will lead a skilled workforce of returning avid gamers this season together with All-ECAC Selections, Kristin Della Rovere and Kyra Willoughby. The Crimson additionally added 5 novices within the Class of 2026 who will all glance to make a favorable affect of their first collegiate seasons.
Coming into the matchup undefeated, Quinnipiac will even open its ECAC agenda when it hits the ice in opposition to the Crimson.
WHAT TO KNOW
- Harvard is 20-11-3 all-time in opposition to Quinnipiac and 11-6 when taking part in in Bright-Landry
- The facets have break up the season collection up to now two years
- The Crimson is undefeated (14-0-1) in opposition to the Bobcats when it rankings 3 objectives
- Harvard has gained its previous 4 house openers
- The staff is 9-0-1 in its previous ten video games during which it opens the season at house
- This matchup in opposition to Quinnipiac is the beginning of a four-game homestand for the Crimson, its longest of the season
- Harvard’s 2022-23 roster options student-athletes from all over the place the continent together with Canada (5), (*7*) (10) and Minnesota (6)
- Seniors Anne Bloomer, Kristin Della Rovere and Kyra Willoughby will captain the Crimson in 2022-23
- Harvard welcomed 5 new faces to the locker room this offseason. Forwards Sophie Ensley, Gwynn Lapp and Indi Wagner in conjunction with defenders Jade Arnone and Katie Kasica had been all welcomed within the Class of 2026
- Sophomores Daisy Boynton and Alex Pellicci will lead the goaltending effort for Harvard
- Harvard compiled a 22-9-1 document in 2021, its maximum wins since 2014-15. The Crimson went 16-5-1 in ECAC Hockey play, successful its first common season league identify since 201 Harvard additionally captured the Ivy League crown, Women’s Beanpot Championship and earned an at-large variety to the NCAA Tournament all through the 2021-22 marketing campaign
- The Crimson opened the season ranked No. 11 within the nation within the DCU USCHO Media Poll. The workforce used to be additionally picked 7th within the ECAC Hockey preseason media ballot
- Mia Biotti (United States) and Kristin Della Rovere had been each invited to their respective nationwide staff make a selection camps this Summer. Assistant Coach, Lee-J Mirasolo used to be additionally tabbed to trainer the U.S. U22 nationwide staff
- (*13*) its lengthy status custom of educational good fortune, all 32 student-athletes at the 2022-23 roster earned ECAC All-Academic Team distinctions in 2021-22
Harvard will proceed its homestand subsequent weekend when it welcomes Dartmouth to Cambridge for a Friday night time tilt on the Bright-Landry Hockey Center. Puck drop between the Crimson and the Big Green is slated for six pm and can be streamed survive ESPN+.