UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa.- A final 2d purpose by No. 6 Colgate ended in a 3-2 victory over the No. 11/12 Penn State Nittany Lions on Friday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After a scoreless first length, Colgate scored the hole purpose of the sport at the power-play with 12:20 final within the length to place the Raiders forward 1-0.
- The Nittany Lions spoke back overdue in the second one length as Katelyn Roberts scored her first collegiate purpose with 2:01 final.
- Penn State stored firing within the 3rd length as Mya Vaslet scored her first purpose of the 12 months to present the Nittany Lions a 2-1 lead.
- Colgate discovered the equalizer with 11:01 left within the length off the stick of Kristna Koltounkov for her 2d purpose of the night.
- The Raiders squeaked a purpose with 30 seconds final within the 3rd length to seal the 3-2 win.
- Bothun posted 30 saves together with one over 3 penalty kills to submit a .897 save share and dropped to 2-3-0 at the 12 months.
GAME NOTES AND STATS
- Josie Bothun tallied her 1,300th profession save striking her 3rd all-time in Penn State historical past.
- Katelyn Roberts recorded her first collegiate purpose.
- Mya Vaslet registered her first purpose of the 12 months.
- Penn State notched the primary targets scored on a Colgate goalie this season.
- Colgate outshot the Nittany Lions 29-21.
Head Coach Jeff Kampersal Opening Statement
I’m pleased with the crew they confirmed up. One in their targets is a quick get started and I assumed they’d one. It’s now not essentially simple to play on Friday afternoons with magnificence and whatnot, however our gamers were locked in like any 12 months. I’m now not positive if we essentially deserved to win, however we performed neatly sufficient to win and we deserved some degree. Getting there we did not essentially organize in addition to we will have, however our gamers performed with a large number of grit and supported one any other. We gets the ideas that we accumulated as of late for day after today.
Q: How do you keep targeted? (Always had a difficult agenda to begin off the season)
A: Record sensible we’re looking to recover. We selected to begin previous within the 12 months and that occurs infrequently, you do not get the entire preparation important. These gamers were running exhausting from this spring to the summer season and wish to problem those most sensible techniques as a result of we really feel like we’re a most sensible program now. And in that recreation, it simply got here down to at least one or two performs and managing performs. We are proper there and we are not striking on ever once more. We are pushing the tempo and we did not win as of late, however it wasn’t for a loss of effort.
Q: As a crew you have been up in photographs, 12 photographs after the primary length, how did Colgate organize
to decelerate the offense?
A: Colgate is rapid, and we’re rapid, it’s an up and down recreation. From a natural fan point of view, put aside training, it is in reality amusing to look at. These elite athletes play at a top degree and it is cliche, however it actually comes down to at least one or two performs.
Mallory Uihlein | D | Sr.
Q: What do you suppose was once the article that you simply guys did the most efficient as of late that you’ll take into day after today?
A: I believe we had in reality top power, which is a large focal point for us, having a large number of bench, a good bench and that displays at the ice. We were given some targets available in the market and momentum, however I believe we additionally managed how we reacted when they scored on us. Also, simply controlling the issues we will be able to keep watch over. I believe we did neatly, and we clearly wish to take that into day after today.
- The Nittany Lions glance to even the collection with Colgate on Saturday afternoon at 1:00 p.m.
Get the entire newest updates on Penn State girls’s ice hockey by following @PennStateWHKY on Twitter, “liking” the Penn State Women’s Ice Hockey web page on Facebook and following @pennstatewhky on Instagram.