ROCHESTER, N.Y. – RIT first-year ahead Tyler Mahan scored 3 targets – all his first in a Tiger uniform – in Saturday’s 8-5 victory over Union within the Fifteenth-annual Brick City Homecoming and Family Weekend recreation, performed on the Blue Cross Arena in downtown Rochester.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Mahan opened the scoring with 10:17 left within the first duration off a turnover on the best of the Dutchmen zone sooner than sophomore ahead Grady Hobbs made it a 2-0 recreation off a feed from junior defenseman Aiden Hansen-Bukata with 5:30 at the clock.
- Sophomore ahead Carter Wilkie scored a power-play target 50 seconds into the second one to kick off a seven-goal duration, adopted by means of Mahan’s 2d of the sport 1:20 later for a 4-0 RIT lead.
- Union were given at the board with two targets in 32 seconds for a 4-2 ranking with 14:47 at the clock.
- Senior defenseman Gianfranco Cassaro scored on a blast from the appropriate face-off circle with 6:07 left within the duration sooner than first-year ahead Simon Isabelle tallied his first collegiate target on a brief end off an excellent feed by means of junior ahead Cody Laskosky 27 seconds later for a 6-2 lead. The Dutchmen were given one again at the continual play with 2:57 left to make it a 6-3 recreation into the 3rd duration.
- Union pulled again inside two, 6-4, with 13:40 left in law, however was once held scoreless the remainder of the best way.
- Mahan finished the hat-trick with an empty-net tally with 3:34 left in law sooner than senior ahead Caleb Moretz closed the night time with a tally with 1:49 left in law.
- Mahan logged the primary RIT hat-trick since Will Calverley scored 3 targets in a 6-4 victory over visiting Mercyhurst on Jan. 28, 2021. He additionally registered the primary three-goal efficiency by means of an RIT first-year participant since Andrew Rinaldi netted 3 in a 7-4 win over visiting Holy Cross on Nov. 1, 2019.
- RIT earned its first Division I technology victory over Union after going 0-7-1 within the groups’ first 8 conferences, together with a 4-3 setback in Schenectady to open the season two weeks in the past (Oct. 1).
- Tiger sophomore goaltender Tommy Scarfone was once credited with 27 saves to earn his 2d victory of the season.
- RIT owns a 14-9-4 report at Blue Cross Arena all over the Division 1 technology. The Tigers also are 6-5-4 all over the Brick City recreation, together with a 4-0-3 report in its ultimate seven journeys downtown.
- RIT transformed two of 4 power-play makes an attempt whilst killing 4 of 5 Dutchmen extra-man alternatives.
- Hansen-Bukata completed with a career-high 3 issues – all assists. The reigning Atlantic Hockey Defensive Player of the Week these days leads the Tigers with six issues after notching a game-winning target and two assists in ultimate weekend’s convention sweep of Army.
- Nicholson completed with two assists for his fourth-career multi-point recreation and first since a two-assist day trip in a 5-1 win over visiting Sacred Heart on Feb. 1, 2022.
- Gonsalves totaled two assists for his 2d multi-point recreation of the season after additionally logging a target and an help within the 3-2 win over Army ultimate Friday (Oct. 7).
- Cassaro notched his 2d target in as many video games after additionally scoring in ultimate Saturday’s 4-1 win over Army (Oct. 8).
RIT heads to Air Force for a couple of Atlantic Hockey video games this Thursday and Friday (Oct. 20-21) set to stand off a 9:05 p.m. EST each nights.