Wow! Wow, wow, wow!
That’s what I suppose after the New York Giants roared again from a 14-point deficit to disillusioned the Green Bay Packers, 27-22, on Sunday.
I need to admit this. When the rating was once 17-3 it seemed like the Giants have been going to play exhausting, however merely no longer have the ability to stay alongside of a Green Bay staff just about everybody — together with all seven BBV individuals who predicted Sunday’s end result — began doing issues we’ve got no longer observed Giants’ groups do for a looooong time.
- The Giants went 11 performs, 86 yards for a landing with 1:15 left in the part, the first landing they’ve scored in the ultimate two mins of the part since 2020.
- The Giants scored on 5 directly possessions, starting with that rating.
- No Saquon Barkley? No downside. After Barkley went out in the 0.33 quarter, the Giants went on a 15-play, 91-yard, 8:07 landing power that tied the rating at 20-20.
- A damage went the Giants manner? What? When a Green Bay punt banged off Jason Pinnock of the Giants, the Packers didn’t recuperate. Instead, the ball rolled out of bounds at the Giants’ 40-yard line.
- With Barkley again, he and Daniel Jones engineered a game-winning landing power.
- The Giants then were given no longer one, however two stops in opposition to Aaron Rodgers to seal the victory. The first was once an excellent pair of performs from the Giants’ 6-yard line after they were given back-to-back stops to disclaim Green Bay the game-winning rating. Then, Oshane Ximines denied Rodgers a possibility to throw a Hail Mary with a game-ending sack/fumble.
What on earth is happening round right here?
The New York Football Giants are 4-1. After going 4-13 in 2021.
Let’s get to a couple of the different ‘things I think’ after Sunday’s wonderful victory by means of the Giants.
Daniel Jones merits props
Let’s simply get this out of the manner. When the ‘Kudos & Wet Willies’ are posted on Monday morning, Jones could have a ‘Kudos.’ If you need to watch Sunday’s recreation and come what may inform me he doesn’t deserve one, I suppose that’s a you downside.
Jones had great sufficient numbers. He handed for a season-high 217 yards, going 21 of 27. He had a 100.2 passer score. He ran 10 instances for 37 yards.
His price to this victory, and in all honesty to the Giants’ 4-1 get started, pass a long way past the ones statistics.
“The quarterback had an excellent game. And he’s got a few of those,” head trainer Brian Daboll stated after the recreation. “Maybe his stats don’t reflect it, but he’s led the team down to wins, played good in crunch time.”
Jones fired a number of lasers for first downs to increase drives in third-and-long eventualities. He hung difficult in the pocket and ran the ball smartly, regardless of no longer being 100% because of his injured left ankle. When Saquon Barkley went out in the 0.33 quarter, Jones accounted for 80 of 91 yards (55 passing, 25 working) on a 15-play, 91-yard, game-tying power. He led the Giants to a recreation successful six-play, 60-yard fourth-quarter power.
This is now 3 come-from-behind victories engineered by means of Jones in 5 weeks. He is taking part in with braveness, and he is taking part in successful soccer. I’m no longer certain how a lot more he may also be requested to do.
“He comes in ready to go each week. He’s very humble. I think it’s very, very important to him. He has very good leadership amongst the team. The players have got a lot of respect for him and I know the coaches do, too,” Daboll stated of Jones. “We have confidence in him. He’s done a really good job for our football team and the things that we’ve asked him to do he’s done them well. I’m glad he’s our quarterback.”
‘Next man up’ is actual
This is intended to be a construction Giants’ staff with out a large number of intensity. On best of an already-perceived loss of intensity, the Giants stay dropping avid gamers to accidents. Somehow, it assists in keeping no longer making any distinction.
- Saquon Barkley is going down? Whatever! Daniel Jones simply places the Giants on his again and takes them 91 yards for a game-tying landing — with working again Gary Brightwell smashing his manner in from 3 yards out for his first profession landing.
- No Sterling Shepard? No Kadarius Toney? No Wan’Dale Robinson? No Kenny Golladay? Darius Slayton has a six-catch, 79-yard recreation that provides ammunition to all those that had been calling for him to play for a number of weeks now. Oh, and Marcus Johnson pops off the follow squad to catch 3 passes for 35 yards.
- No Leonard Williams or Azeez Ojulari? Eh, so what? Dexter Lawrence, Kayvon Thibodeaux, Jaylon Smith, Oshane Ximines and a bunch of others on the entrance seven greater than were given the task carried out.
- Down Aaron Robinson already and dropping Adoree’ Jackson and Fabian Moreau throughout the recreation? The Giants completed with Nick McCloud and Justin Layne at cornerback, and each made performs fourth-quarter performs to give a contribution to a victory.
“Everybody talks like it, but we do things during the week where we put guys in 7 on 7 with some of our practice squad players along with our regular squad players,” Daboll stated. “I suppose the coaches do an excellent task of having them able to head, Joe and I speak about all of it the time. Your quantity may also be known as anytime to be introduced up [from the practice squad] anytime. Maybe it’s two weeks however let’s just be sure you’re in the playbook, that you recognize your duties as a certified — be a professional.
“Again, every player on this roster is here for a reason. So we expect whoever it is to get ready, there’s no excuses in the National Football League everybody goes through injuries and everybody goes through downtimes everybody goes through a couple losses. If you can’t handle that you’re probably not made to be in the National Football League.”
Let’s no longer get forward of ourselves and get started pondering Super Bowl right here, but it surely is indubitably great to look some breaks going the Giants’ manner. For years, we’ve got watched the Giants in finding odd, excruciating, inexplicable techniques to lose soccer video games.
This season, a special tale.
The Giants gained in Week 1 when Randy Bullock of the Tennessee Titans neglected a game-ending 47-yard box purpose that may have given the Titans a victory. Sunday, they scored the game-winning landing after a Packer punt bounded off backup protection Jason Pinnock and fluttered harmlessly out of bounds in the fourth quarter of a tie recreation.
The Giants live to tell the tale a scare
I suppose each and every Giants fan needed to be maintaining their breath when Barkley left the recreation flexing his proper arm in the 0.33 quarter. After severe accidents in 2019, 2020 and 2021, Barkley has after all seemed like the Barkley of previous this season.
When he went off flexing his proper hand it wasn’t going to occur once more, was once it? We weren’t going to look Barkley pass over time with a shoulder or collarbone damage, have been we? The Giants put in combination one wonderful game-tying power with out him, however maintaining excellent offense and proceeding to win video games wasn’t going to occur long-term with Barkley sidelined.
Fortunately, that didn’t occur — and Barkley temporarily made a distinction with a 40-yard catch and 2-yard scoring run on the game-winning power.
Maybe that is but any other instance of items FINALLY going the Giants’ manner after an extended length of ineptitude.