The Washington Capitals misplaced their first recreation of the season, however I assumed they have been tremendous. Seems just like the Boston Bruins simply were given the bounces and completed all their giant performs. Let’s get into it.
Listen. Goal summaries are exhausting. Let’s ease into it progressively. The Bruins scored the primary 3 targets: Bergeron from a rebound at the energy play, Pastrnak with some just right motion then rapid unencumber from the slot, then Hall with an odd-man rush. The Caps were given the following two: Strome putting in Mantha on the purpose mouth, then Sheary with an end-to-end health center. David Krecji performed a two-on-one to make it 4-2 overdue within the 3rd. Lindholm were given the empty-netter. Okay, that wasn’t too unhealthy.
- The Capitals performed tremendous. It’s one recreation. We are ants at the rim on a big chandelier. We know not anything.
- This used to be Kuznetsov’s 600th recreation and Kuemper’s three hundredth.
- Dylan Strome didn’t want lengthy to get his first level as a Capital. That used to be knowledgeable cross to Anthony Mantha. I believe he used to be a genius addition to the crew within the offseason — each the who and the how.
- Marcus Johansson regarded nice with the puck– controlling offensive-zone time, doing zone entries at the energy play, passing via impartial. Everywhere excluding proper in entrance of the web. The first spotlight of the season used to be Marcus blowing a scoring probability. (He used to be tripped. This is a bit of.)
- Boston’s Jake DeBrusk were given hit by means of Washington’s new defender, Erik Gustafsson, within the first length. He attempted coming again however couldn’t.
UPDATE: Jake DeBrusk (upper-body) is not going to go back to this night’s recreation.
— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) October 13, 2022
- Washington’s energy play did little or no, none of which might be proven on a scoreboard after 4 alternatives. I’m lovely down in this a part of their recreation.
- Also at the grievance tip: I didn’t just like the Carlson-Fehervary pairing. They have been on ice for 2 Bruins targets, with Fehervary dropping his stick on considered one of them. Fehervary additionally gave Boston their 2d energy play of the 3rd length. (Chris mentioned in Discord of that penalty: “dive city.”) That duo used to be considered one of Laviolette’s largest and most blatant follies ultimate season. I am hoping they both recover in combination or perhaps they must simply cut up up.
- Just take a look at the utmost effort from Conor Sheary on his purpose. I love this participant extra on a daily basis. The Caps mentioned he’s tied with Kuznetsov for 3rd maximum targets at the crew within the ultimate 3 years.
#⃣7⃣3⃣ began with a block, ended with a purpose! percent.twitter.com/6h8gza0gKh
— Washington Capitals (@Capitals) October 13, 2022
- This is your mandatory nationwide broadcast hate bullet: Garbage! TNT made certain to slam the Capitals with each little bit of remark. Strome’s cross used to be an twist of fate, Ovechkin is a one-trick pony, Oshie’s attempting too exhausting to provoke us together with his coiffure. I’m sorry however I used to pass to bars and I do know negging after I listen it. Can’t look ahead to Joe B and Locker the next day.
Speaking of which: we’ll have a Joe B swimsuit of the night time the next day. That makes me smile.
Okay one recreation down. A loss, certain, however a just right effort with classes to be informed from. Bad energy play, just right secondary scoring. Bad bounces, however just right instances with just right buds. Bad top-pairing protection, however just right that Aliaksei Protas is massive.
Headline photograph: @pennybacker