Chaffey Community College is located in Rancho Cucamonga, California. As a community college, it serves residents of Chino, Chino Hills, Fontana, Montclair, and Rancho Cucamonga and is considered one of the oldest community colleges in California.
The school was established in 1883 by two brothers George and William Chaffey, hence its name Chaffey College. This school has been ranked in the list of the top 20 community colleges in the United States and ranked #3 in the “cost and budget” category, making it affordable for those with low incomes.
With 3 campuses in Chaffey Cucamonga, Fontina Campus, Chino Campus and Online Course, the college has a total of 5992 undergraduate students with an acceptance rate of 100%. This community college is ideal for high school graduates in nearby California. Popular college majors include liberal arts, humanities, natural sciences, and business.
Statistics show that more than 50% of graduates earn an income of $24,400. Some of the school’s famous people are Gloria Negrete McLeod, who is a US ambassador, Skip Ewing, country music star, Alan Herskovits, 1997 National Teacher’s Hall of Fame Educator, and Chaffey College Alumnus of the Year.
CC College is a community college whose mission is to enhance community life and provide the best learning environment. It is one of the first and best colleges in California and is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Chaffey Community College is unique in that it welcomes international students. More than 20,000 students represent various communities in Riverside and San Bernardino counties. With students from over 40 countries, there is no doubt about the diversity of Chaffey. Located an hour away from the beautiful beaches and mountains of California, Chaffey offers its students a quiet and peaceful learning environment.
Chaffey College Portal
Students are allowed to log into the Chaffey college portal. The portal is self-directory and students can pay their fees, register courses, and so on the portal. The portal requires students to login with given username and password
Chaffey College Library
The Chaffey College Library is located at 5885 Haven Ave, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737, United States and operates with 9AM – 4PM
Library services can be accessed online. For more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chaffey College Jobs
Interested parties must create an account and select a username and password. Once the account is created, candidates can import their CV to LinkedIn or upload it to a document saved on their computer. The resume should show all relevant education and experience that the candidate has. Applications will be evaluated taking into account the breadth and depth of education, experience, skills, knowledge and relevant abilities.
Why should you consider Chaffey Community College?
Many people think that students go to community colleges because they are not accepted by 4-year schools, however, this is a huge misconception. Many students opt for community colleges because of the high cost of tuition at universities and colleges.
Having a 2-year course instead of going to a 4-year course allows students to save on college since many community college courses can be taken while working and therefore prevents the student from getting cancer. large student loans to pay for four years. college books.
Another factor to consider when choosing a community college is the college’s transfer and graduation rates. These two rates represent a student’s academic progress and their chances of transferring to the school of their choice.
Also, some community colleges have close ties to major universities and offer programs that open doors to those schools.
Here are some reasons why Chaffey Community College is a viable option for you;
- Here’s a fun fact; California ranks 20th nationally in community college graduation and transfer rates. This ranking improved in just two years from #24 to #20.
- Its students enjoy a personalized education experience including extensive academic support, the best faculties, average class size of 35-40 students, and extracurricular activities to keep the students active.
- With more than 100 academic programs, a student has more than enough options to choose from.
- Students may either earn an associate degree, occupational certificate or baccalaureate degree and then transfer to a California state university, or a private university.
- Chaffey college is considered internationally friendly, with an international student center that is well equipped to provide the unique need of any international student/ foreigner by providing essential services like immigration information, campus employment, academic guidance, cultural and social activities, etc.
- Low cost of tuition; $6,984 a year for out-of-state student and $1,104 for in-state student makes Chaffey College the best option for low income earners and guarantees that the college will grant admission.
- At Chaffey College the graduation rate is 25%, retention rate of 72%, transfer rate of 10% and acceptance rate of 100%. Chaffey College seems like a good option for students who wish to transfer to a 4-year course after college.
Qualification for Chaffey College
- A high school graduate or equivalent.
- At least 18 years of age.
- A student in high school who qualifies for the High School Dual Enrollment.
- High school transcripts for all schools attended. If the transcript is not in English, it must be translated.
- Test or Exam showing a proficiency in English language
- Copy of passport
- TOEFL OR IELF score.
- Financial or bank statement (dated within the last 6 months) verifying at least $24,700 USD to fund tuition and living expenses for a year. If the student is being sponsored by an organization, a letter of guarantee will be required assuring the school of the organization ability to fund tuition and housing expenses.
- Tuberculosis test and health insurance must be submitted (dated with the past 6 month) or the student might opt for getting tested at Chaffey Student Health Services.
- Non-refundable $40 USD which shall be paid at MyChaffey student’s portal after admission
How to Apply for Chaffey College
- Submit a free online application on the school website at chaffey.edu, if you experience any difficulty mail the help-desk at email@example.com for support.
- Contact the counseling department to make arrangements for orientation, assessment and educational plan.
- The schedule of classes in the website will help you arrange your classes for the rest of the semester.
- Register for classes by logging into the school website or portal.
- Tuition can also be paid using the school portal. Students have 10 calendar months to pay the tuition or risk dropping out.
- After payment, students can go ahead to print registration statement which is available in the school website and shall serve as receipt for school fees payment
High sSchool Dual Enrolment
This option is available for students that wish to complete their high school diploma in the college and also earn an associate degree or certificate of any course of their choice. The following is required for admission:
- Be in 9th– 12th grade
- Must complete dual enrollment orientation available in the school’s website
- Complete the high school partnership enrollment agreement also available in the website
- For students who attended a private school or home schooled, they can provide the following;
- Dual enrollment agreement
- Waiver or liability agreement
- Official high school transcripts
- Home school affidavits (if home-schooled)
Frequently asked question about Chaffey Community College:
When does Chaffey College start?
|New student deadline(outside the USA)||Transfer student deadline(In the USA)|
|Spring 2020||Nov 1 2019||Dec 15 2019|
|Summer 2020||March 15 2020||May 15 2020|
|Fall 2020||Jan 1 2020||July 15 2020|
Where is Chaffey College?
Chaffey College is located at 5885 Haven Ave, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737, United States
What city is Chaffey College in?
Chaffey College is a public community college in Rancho Cucamonga, California. The college serves students in Chino, Chino Hills, Fontana, Montclair, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga and Upland with three campuses
When does Chaffey College summer school start?
First 6 Week Session starts between June 8 – July 17
Application Period (online with OpenCCC) Begins October 1, 2022