CLEVELAND, Ohio – Scribbles in my pocket book as the Browns path Pittsburgh, 14-13.
1. Pittsburgh took a special strategy to attacking the Cleveland protection, In the first half, the Steelers ran it 16 occasions for 88 yards. The Browns had hassle protecting the run. Pittsburgh scored on a 1-yard run by means of Mentor’s Mitch Trubisky and a 5-yard run by means of Najee Harris.
2. Trubisky used to be 9 of 13 passing for 109 yards. He attached with George Pickens for a 36-yard catch, an eye-popping one-handed take hold of by means of the rookie from Georgia Tech.
3. Jacoby Brissett had a robust first half. He used to be 16 of twenty-two passing for 134 yards and a couple of TDs. It used to be like he performed vs. the Jets on Sunday.
4. The Browns after all integrated tight finish David Njoku into the offense. He made an incredible jumping catch after all zone for a 7-yard TD. He had seven catches for 69 yards. Amari Cooper stuck 4 passes for 35 yards.
5. Welcome to Cleveland. Rookie kicker Cade York neglected an additional level within the Browns’ 31-30 loss to the Jets remaining Sunday. In the second one quarter, his extra-point strive banged off the upright and used to be neglected. He attached on an additional level previous within the recreation.
6. The Browns opened with Jack Conklin at proper take on, the first time the veteran has performed this season. Demetric Felton were returning punts. He used to be inactive. Veteran Chester Rogers took his spot.
7. The Browns had a breakdown on particular groups when a Corey Bojorquez punt used to be in part blocked by means of Pittsburgh’s Miles Killebrew. It traveled solely 25 yards. That gave Pittsburgh the ball at the Cleveland 48-yard line. The Steelers did select up a first down. They arrange a 49-yard box, however Chris Boswell neglected it.
8. In the first quarter, Brissett picked up a first down on a fourth-and-1 scenario. It’s the fourth time this season Brissett has used the QB sneak for a first down. He’s 6-foot-4 an 235 kilos and extraordinarily sturdy.
9. Brissett’s QB sneak stored the power alive. Nick Chubb broke unfastened for a 36-yard rumble the place he broke a minimum of 3 tackles. Then Brissett hit Amari Cooper with a laser go for a 12-yard TD. Chubb had 54 yards on six carries within the first quarter.
More Browns protection