NFL energy ratings coming into Week 3 of 2022 season (earlier rank in parentheses):
1. Bills (1): Their latest weapon? Rarely applied Sam Martin, who turns punts into turnover-creating misadventures for the opposition.
2. Chiefs (2): Does Andy Reid in point of fact get good enough appreciation? Last week, he joined George Halas, Don Shula and Bill Belichick as the one coaches with profession win-loss information 100 video games over .500. Reid now sits at 235-135-1.
3. Eagles (6): QB Jalen Hurts’ darkish horse MVP candidacy is already fading … as he is turning into an more and more lighter horse.
4. Buccaneers (3): TBD who QB Tom Brady shall be throwing to this week in opposition to Green Bay in gentle of WR Mike Evans’ suspension. TB12 will have to have all his guys again quickly, but that is it appears now not dissuading him from recruiting Odell Beckham Jr. for a wet day.
5. Dolphins (11): You’ve were given at hand it to QB Tua Tagovailoa, who went deep Sunday – part of his six TD passes masking no less than 20 air yards, which doubled his profession general coming into Week 2. But if you have WRs Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle (11 catches, 170+ yards, 2 TDs apiece), the twenty first century model of The Marks Brothers, that is the technique to pass. No pair of Dolphins receivers had no less than 150 receiving yards in a sport since Clayton and Duper in 1986.
32 THINGS WE LEARNED FROM WEEK 2: Comebacks galore
WEEK 2 WINNERS, LOSERS: Patriots offense displays growth, Cowboys have hope
6. Chargers (5): The Bolts will have to be very easily preferred in their subsequent six video games … presuming QB Justin Herbert stops soaking up hits that fold him like a garden chair.
7. Ravens (4): Still suppose QB Lamar Jackson is simply too reliant on his tight ends? Five of his six TD passes have long gone to broad receivers. Too unhealthy he does not get to stand Baltimore’s protection, which has already surrendered seven TD passes.
8. Rams (8): All-Pro CB Jalen Ramsey hasn’t performed neatly in fresh video games, nor have the protecting champs early this season. But he became it round when it counted, preventing the bleeding Sunday with a game-sealing INT in opposition to Atlanta. The Rams can best hope that is a microcosm for his or her 2022 season.
9. Vikings (9): It’s now not all unhealthy, Minnesota enthusiasts. QB Kirk Cousins best has yet one more scheduled prime-time sport in 2022 and may not see Philly CB Darius Slay any time quickly.
10. Packers (10): Balanced offense now not overly reliant on QB Aaron Rodgers and second-tier receivers and a protection that performs as much as its ability stage – that is the Pack’s absolute best trail again to the Super Bowl after their pass-heavy method from fresh years persistently got here up brief when it mattered.
11. 49ers (13): Hate to look a promising participant like QB Trey Lance undergo one of these catastrophic damage so early in his profession. But just right to look a longtime, older participant like Jimmy Garoppolo get the chance to earn his a reimbursement after being one of these just right soldier coming off a run to the NFC identify sport.
12. Saints (12): Before we kill QB Jameis Winston for his first three-INT sport since he was once a member of the Bucs in 2019, let’s now not overlook he had 4 fractures in his again, did not have RB Alvin Kamara at his disposal and was once going through some of the league’s maximum unforgiving defenses.
13. Patriots (17): The remaining time they began 0-2, Drew Bledsoe was once nonetheless the beginning quarterback. But if Baltimore drops New England to 1-2, that will be two in a row below QB Mac Jones and 3 in the previous five seasons.
14. Lions (18): They’ve scored no less than 35 issues in 3 consecutive video games for the primary time since 1952, a yr sooner than proprietor Sheila Ford Hamp was once born.
15. Steelers (15): One sport with OLB T.J. Watt in the lineup – seven sacks. One sport with out the 2021 Defensive Player of the Year – 0 sacks.
16. Cowboys (28): Cooper Rush is the primary Dallas quarterback to win his first two begins since … Jason Garrett (1993-94). The Cowboys shall be thankful if Rush does not method Garrett’s 9 profession begins with the crew.
17. Cardinals (26): Has LB Isaiah Simmons in any case woken up? He compelled the decisive fumble in opposition to Las Vegas in extra time Sunday, the similar day the 8th pick out of the 2020 draft was once benched and restricted to fifteen snaps.
18. Bengals (7): QB Joe Burrow was once buried for a league-most 70 sacks in 20 video games remaining season, a median of three.5 according to. That’s jumped to 13 in two 2022 video games at the back of his supposedly progressed offensive line.
19. Giants (20): If you idea 2021 was once a crisis for big-money loose agent WR Kenny Golladay, it is it appears going a lot worse in 2022. He has two receptions this season and was once in for two performs Sunday.
20. Raiders (16): Josh McDaniels is now driving a private five-game dropping streak as a head trainer and has dropped 9 of 10 going again to his abbreviated excursion in Denver.
21. Commanders (19): Solid get started for QB Carson Wentz, who leads the NFC in passing yards (650) and TDs (7).
22. Jaguars (25): Pitching the season’s first shutout notched Jacksonville the AFC South’s best victory up to now, therefore sole possession of first position.
23. Jets (32): One vote for Braden Mann because the AFC particular teams participant of the week. The NYJ punter hooked up on a 17-yard move (quite than punt) to increase a power that resulted in the crew’s first TD on Sunday, and his onside kick arrange the game-winning ranking.
24. Browns (21): They’ve surrendered 48 issues in the previous five quarters and may not have DE Jadeveon Clowney (ankle) on Thursday in opposition to Pittsburgh. Not a promising pattern for a crew seeking to climate QB Deshaun Watson’s suspension.
25. Falcons (31): They virtually overcame a 28-3 third-quarter deficit Sunday. (Sound acquainted?) Alas, it all the time appears to be shut but no cigars for Atlanta.
26. Seahawks (22): A crew that desires to get again to organising the run is lately the worst in the league at precisely that, averaging 56 yards according to sport.
27. Broncos (23): Six journeys into the crimson zone this season, and nary a landing. However it will have to be famous Denver’s protection hasn’t allowed a RZ TD, both.
28. Panthers (27): If now not for a couple of game-winning fields objectives touring no less than 56 yards in opposition to them, they could be 2-0. Horseshoes and hand grenades.
29. Bears (29): They do not have a large receiver or tight finish with greater than 3 catches this season. You’re by yourself, Justin Fields.
30. Titans (24): After beating Buffalo the former two seasons, the Titans confirmed they did not belong at the similar box with the Bills on Monday night time. Tennessee would possibly now not belong at the similar box with Vanderbilt.
31. Texans (30): If you blended their roster with Chicago’s, you could have a seven-win crew. They’ll resolve who is higher Sunday in Soldier Field in a can-miss affair.
32. Colts (14): Wentz seems beautiful just right proper about now, no?
Follow USA TODAY Sports’ Nate Davis on Twitter @ThroughNateDavis.
This article at the start gave the impression on USA TODAY: NFL energy ratings Week 3 2022: Bills, Chiefs joined through Miami in top 5