Hamilton College’s Lilly Truchon ’26 scored two goals and the Continentals cruised to a 6-1 non-conference win in opposition to the Skidmore College Thoroughbreds at Skidmore’s Wagner Park on Tuesday afternoon.
Hamilton advanced to 3-2 general whilst the Thoroughbreds, who’re individuals of the Liberty League, dropped to 4-2.
How It Happened
- Truchon put the Continentals at the board with 5:23 left in the primary quarter.
- Hamilton went up 2-0 following a penalty nook with 2:07 final in the primary when Hannah Dillon ’24 scored off a feed from Alana King ’24.
- Grace Chapis ’24 made it 3-0 following a penalty nook with 7:17 to head in the second one quarter. This time Dillon did the distributing.
- Just 79 seconds later, Tracey Stafford ’23 discovered Becky Felker ’26 for any other function, and it used to be 4-0 in prefer of the Continentals.
- Morgan Sickels tallied Skidmore’s lone function 67 seconds after Felker’s ranking.
- After probably the most Thoroughbreds used to be despatched off for a inexperienced card with 1:08 left, Hamilton used to be awarded two extra penalty corners. Truchon scored on a type of corners off an help from Felker with 8 seconds final for a 5-1 merit for the Continentals.
- Becca Munoz ’25 finished the scoring with 3:13 to head in the fourth quarter. Victoria Bodnar stopped photographs through Felker and Sammy Higgins ’26, however Munoz in any case put one previous Bodnar with Felker choosing up the help.
- Truchon leads Hamilton with 3 goals.
- Felker registered her first 4 collegiate issues on a function and two assists.
- Dillon posted a function and an help for the second one time this season. She leads the group with 3 helpers and 7 issues.
- Chapis’ function is her first this 12 months and the second one of her occupation with the Continentals.
- Munoz notched the primary function of her Hamilton occupation.
- King recorded her first help this 12 months and the fourth of her occupation.
- Stafford’s help is her fourth in 38 video games with the Continentals.
- Abby Griffin ’26 made 3 saves for Hamilton.
- Bodnar grew to become away seven photographs.
- The Continentals held a 17-5 shot merit and doubled up Skidmore in penalty corners, 10-5.
- Hamilton has received 3 of the final 4 conferences with the Thoroughbreds and has outscored Skidmore 15-2 in the ones 3 victories.
- The Continentals gained votes in this week’s National Field Hockey Coaches Association Division III Top 20 ballot.
- Hamilton is 3-0 in opposition to Liberty League combatants.
The Continentals host nationally ranked No. 3 Tufts University in NESCAC motion on Saturday, Sept. 24 at midday for Fallcoming/Family Weekend.